Supercomputers or High Performance Computing (HPC), has gradually become a part of our daily lives, even if we are not always aware of it. It is in our medicines, our investments, our smartphones, in the films we go to see at the cinema and the equipment of our favourite athletes, the cars we drive and the petrol that they run on. It has a direct impact on our quality of life, making our world a safer place, with ever more accurate and precise weather, climate and seismic forecasts, and, thanks to researchers, a world we can more easily understand. A never-ending need for more compute capacity. All sectors, in industry and in the academic and scientific community, demand ever more powerful computing systems, involving ever growing volumes of data. Generating finer-grained weather forecasts, designing cleaner aircraft engines and leveraging genomics to implement personalized medicine all of these innovations require more computing power than currently available, and will advance considerably thanks to Exascale systems.
As HPC Sales you will lead all commercial aspects of High Performance Computing engagements for your clients from opportunity identification and proof of concept to implementation, working hand in hand with our local HPC teams and global R&D resources. You are passionate about technology, and your success as Sales is based on deep technical expertise, good insights into open source solutions, a good understanding of business processes, a broad experience in large complex HPC bids and the ability to identify and create business opportunities across multiple industries. Excellent communication and presentation skills allow you to convey compelling value propositions, and work effectively across internal and external organizations.
The key market in which our HPC solutions are pushed are mainly in Academic & Scientific, Public Sectors, Defence and Banking. However, the other markets (Telco, Utilities, Manufacturing, Retail) are not excluded.
· You have a Bachelor or Master degree
· Have at least 5 years of experience in selling High Performance Computing systems
· Are a sales with a hunting attitude, able to engage new customers at the right level to enter in new accounts with new products and services
· Your Network is extended on the right level of potential customers in the HPC market
· Effective presentation skills, with the ability to deliver a technical pitch.
· Languages: Dutch, English
· Challenging work with most remarkable global and local clients in various industries
· Innovative atmosphere with passionate and responsible colleagues and management
· Global network tools and support
· Flexible working time with remote working possibility
· University and/or external training and education